Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Proud of our Preschooler!





This evening Tobiah's preschool had their Open House. Toby was proud to show me all the things he is learning and doing at school! I loved having him lead me around his classroom and point out which projects and papers were his. They are learning about caterpillars turning in to butterflies and on one bulletin board Toby pointed out that his butterfly was the highest - just a little window in to my son's oh-so-competitive spirit! But hey, we're happy that he is aiming high!

His teacher, Miss Val, is SO wonderful. She really nurtures the children and teaches them to care for each other. Toby's teachers are very important to him. As soon as we arrive in the classroom in the morning he does what I call a "teacher check". He makes sure Miss Val and Mrs. Shryock, her assistant, are both there before he feels comfortable enough to say goodbye to me. When I ask Toby about his day at preschool a lot of times the highlight of the day is if he got the "big shovel" or not. He loves to play in the sand! He has many great friends in his class and they all seem to get along so well. We are thankful that preschool has been such a positive thing for Toby. Because of his late fall birthday, we are planning on keeping him in preschool one more year - he will start kindergarten in the fall of 2009.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: