Monday, November 21, 2011

Rustic Armoire

Just wanted to share one of my latest projects.  A rustic armoire that now holds my crafting supplies!  This piece is beautifying our guest room and helps me feel much more organized.


Below is the before picture.  I got this piece from the same couple that sold me my hutch.  They buy and sell estates and will be a great resource for me whenever I'm looking for a new piece of furniture.  {I'm currently painting a bedroom set, also purchased from them, in a beautiful light French grey that I will be showing off soon!)
BEFORE

I whitewashed the cabinet and heavily sanded it, then sealed it with wax.  I wanted the wood grain to show through and was aiming for a rustic/shabby look.  The stencils are Martha Stewart Crafts purchased at Michael's.  I love the detail the stenciling adds to this piece.  I kept the original hardware, but did give it a fresh spray of Rust-Oleum Metallic Charcoal.  All in all, I'm very happy with how it turned out!


  
All my crafty goodness in one place!  You gotta love that!


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it Susie!!!! I can hardly wait to see all you are doing! I think you have quite a knack for this and you know how i love primitive stuff! I know yours is shabby, but it reminds me of primitive. I think, we are going to have to get down there one of these days, so I can see all your projects! Love, A Dianne

Anonymous said...

So fun Sue! I need a craft armoire. -Debi

Anonymous said...

Love it!! Beautiful!!! I wish I lived closer so I could check out your supplier!

Sara

David and Kristi said...

I can't say enough how much I LOVE the armoire!!! You did an amazing job! When can I put my order in?

Anonymous said...

Fabulous job, Susie!!! You are quite the expert! Don't know when you get time to do it, but you do a great job. Now I can't wait to see the bedroom set. Love, Mom/Mora/Nana

Biljana said...

Great job, I love it, so beautiful:-)
Hugs, Biljana

Dumpster Diva said...

Nice work! Plese feel free to share over at my Linky Party! I would be honored!