Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Child's Desk


Isn't this small desk sweet? It was thrown in for free with some furniture I purchased off of Craigslist. It was dirty, broken {it used to be a roll top desk, but the roll top was beyond repair}, and painted in a dark brown. It was the perfect piece for me to try out some Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint on! I finally got my hands on this special paint and was excited to try it.

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint





I did give the desk a good cleaning, but otherwise there was no need to sand or prime!  Wahoo!  That is 
chalk paint's claim to fame: you get right to the fun part and start painting.  The base of the desk is painted
in Paris Grey and the inside of the cubbies and other accents in Louis Blue.  I did a little stenciling on the side and desk top for some pretty detailing and, of course, distressed it to give it character.  

So, here's to hoping that I will be posting more often in 2012! I am constantly working on projects these days, but don't always take the time to take pictures and share.  Must.change.that.

Please leave a comment.  It will make my day!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Carol Bush said...

I love it! What a fun, creative project! :)

Anonymous said...

You really have an eye for finishing off these pieces of furniture! This is very interesting. I love the stencils on the side too. Great job, Susie! Love, A. Dianne

Anonymous said...

Great job!!! It is adorable! Your creative side is really coming out and is beautiful! Love, Mom/Mora/Nana

Anonymous said...

Love love love it!! So jealous you have access to reasonably priced furniture down there! Excited to see your next project.
-Sara