Wednesday, December 7, 2011

French Grey Bedroom Set

After painting a beautiful piece of furniture, I get such a rush.  I get giddy, silly, and loopy.  It is so much fun to be able to transform something as solid, permanent, and useful as furniture into something so pretty.  My latest project was this bedroom set, which I painted in a light French grey and distressed for that vintage look I love.


I have a lot to learn about furniture, but I believe this dresser and headboard are French Provincial (correct me if I'm wrong!).  I kept all the original hardware, but updated it by spray painting them in Rust-Oleum Metallic Charcoal.  They are the perfect fancy finish on these pieces.


I can't get over the intact condition of the cane backing on the headboard!  Don't you love those curves?


The bedside table is originally from Ethan Allen, but I painted it to match the set.


These pieces would be beautiful in a guest room.  I would love to save it for Cora, but she is only 20 months and that would mean keeping it in storage a loooooong time.  Alas, I have decided to sell this set and use the $$ to invest in other projects.  Oh my, do I ever have a long list of projects...but that's what makes it fun!

I would love to hear your feedback!!

8 comments:

David and Kristi said...

Girl! You are so talented! I just love how it looks. It is beautiful. I can't wait to see all your upcoming projects and your kitchen. You could really have a business going there. I would buy from you! Your work is amazing!!! (I got your email with the hat sizes...I'm on it! Any color preferences?)

Amy said...

Wow, Susanna! Those are great! I looooove the colour! I hope you find a buyer soon so you can get on to the next thing in that pretty head of yours!

(P.S. The bottom left handle is upside down!)

Susanna said...

Thanks Amy...don't know how I missed that! Fixed it right away...but I'm not re-taking photos! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Susanna!!!!! These are beautiful!!!! What a lot of work! I am so anxious to see what you are going to do next! I hope you are wearing a mask while working on these--be safe! I am reminded of the stripping and redoing of stuff after we were married, but at that time it was the natural look. I love the style you are working on! The new picture on your blog of the family is SO CUTE! Love, A. Dianne

Anonymous said...

That is ABSOLUTELY AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!! What a great job!! Yes, Cora would LOVE it...but it would be hard to store. Someone is VERY fortunate to buy that!

Aunt Mary Lee said...

Hey Susie girl - I love what you are doing with the furniture! Maybe you should have been an art major!!! Cora is growing up so fast! I hope you all can visit the pond next summer - it's beeen too long.
Love you, Aunt ML

Anneke at This, That and Life said...

First of all, your kiddos are super cute! You are the opposite of me...I have two girls and a boy (2, 4, 6)! And this Bedroom Set is absolutely stunning. I totally get the "rush" thing. Lol! :-) Found you via MMS!

Britt said...

So beautiful! I love the color you chose!