Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cora's Nursery


I have been wanting to share pictures of Cora's nursery for awhile now, and WOW! it always feels good when I actually follow through on something!  Hope you don't mind this picture-heavy post of my little girls' room.  It is one of my favorite spaces in our home.

Her bedroom has a vintage feel, with many handmade items.  Many things in her room were made by family and friends, or painted by me (the shelf and the rocking chair).  Other items were found at thrift stores or ordered off of etsy.com.   The wall paint color is a soft yellow called Summer Pear.



 My artist friend Beth painted the wall art of the tree and owls.  It is perfect for Cora's room and so special to have a one-of-a-kind piece like this!  I added ribbon to the bird cage and it is a great place to keep Cora's hair clips.


The following mobile was made by my sister Debbie and her husband Andy.  I love it!  It makes the prettiest shadow on the wall.  It really makes the room.




There are still more things I would like to do in this room, but I'm glad I captured it at this stage before our two-year-old moves to a big girl bed.
Thanks for stopping by!  In the comments let me know your favorite part of her room.  I'm so curious to know!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Please move closer.

We would have so much fun.

Illi said...

Super cute! Mads has the same wall decals in her room =)

Anonymous said...

Her little reading area, her own little space. she is so cute. Love you and your little family. Linda

David and Kristi said...

Love her room! It looks amazing! I just love how you used the bird cage for her hair bows. You really are so creative. I also just love the little reading area. From the shelf, to the baskets, to the decor, the rocker, to the sweet beautiful little girl sitting their...LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Such a darling room--I love the bird mobile, and picture art with the bird cage and the book corner and just wherever Cora would be in the room. She is so adorable!!! We enjoyed getting to see you soooo much last Friday! The boys had such a good time and are growing so much! Hugs, A. Dianne

Katie and the Fam said...

LOve love love. What a cute room!