So here is a little (life changing) sequence of events:
1. Last March my sister and I flew to Ecuador to be with my parents for 12 days. My dad had been diagnosed with cancer in January of that year, 2012. A year I will never forget.
2. I like projects, so I decided to learn to crochet on that trip. I was inspired by my sister-in-law, Kristi, who does beautiful crochet creations. After learning a few things about crochet and making a few scarves, I didn't think much about crochet after returning from Ecuador.
3. My dad passed away in July of 2012. I miss him so much.
4. When the weather began to cool here in Southern California (yes, we do we get a few chilly days a year here), I picked up crochet again. And couldn't stop.
5. Tim, the wonderful man that I married, bought me my very first DSLR for Christmas.
6. And so here I am to share some pictures of a picture shoot of my latest crochet project, sweetly modeled by my little girl
The pattern for this hood is called the Baylie Bear Cowl by The Velvet Acorn. I purchased the pattern on Etsy.
Cora had fun pretending she was a little bear cub. I had fun playing with my camera and thinking about how much my dad would have enjoyed seeing these pictures.