Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sequence of Events and The Baylie Bear Cowl

Oh HI!  I forgot I had a blog!

So here is a little (life changing) sequence of events:

1. Last March my sister and I flew to Ecuador to be with my parents for 12 days.  My dad had been diagnosed with cancer in January of that year, 2012.  A year I will never forget.

2. I like projects, so I decided to learn to crochet on that trip.  I was inspired by my sister-in-law, Kristi, who does beautiful crochet creations.  After learning a few things about crochet and making a few scarves, I didn't think much about crochet after returning from Ecuador.

3. My dad passed away in July of 2012.  I miss him so much.

4. When the weather began to cool here in Southern California (yes, we do we get a few chilly days a year here), I picked up crochet again.  And couldn't stop.

5. Tim, the wonderful man that I married, bought me my very first DSLR for Christmas.

6. And so here I am to share some pictures of a picture shoot of my latest crochet project, sweetly modeled by my little girl who was promised a lollipop for posing.  I am definitely a beginner at both crochet and photography, but you have to start somewhere.

The pattern for this hood is called the Baylie Bear Cowl by The Velvet Acorn.  I purchased the pattern on Etsy.

Cora had fun pretending she was a little bear cub.  I had fun playing with my camera and thinking about how much my dad would have enjoyed seeing these pictures.


Anonymous said...

In love! Dad would have loved and gushed over these!! -deb

Keni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keni said...

Too cute, your talents never cease to amaze me!

Anonymous said...

Ever so adorable. I totally enjoyed reading thru most of your blog. Hugs to you and your Mom. Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow Susie!!!! You are so good at everything you try!!!! I know about missing a Dad and think of you often. Your little model is adorable and I love the pictures. Hugs, A. Dianne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for starting up your blog again!! I am looking forward to visiting it often!!! Love, A. Dianne