Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Silhouettes

I've been enjoying a bit of crafting lately.  (I needed a creative outlet besides washing dishes and changing diapers...can you believe that?!)  A blog I've been following, Jones Design Company, had a neat tutorial on making silhouettes of children using free photo editing software.  I decided to give it a try!  I'm very happy with the results!  It was a fun project and an inexpensive way to decorate a wall in our master bedroom.  They make me very happy.

{Sorry I wasn't able to get better pictures...still learning!)




What do you think?  Are you a fan of silhouettes?

Note:  I have to give props to our good friends Cammie and Robert who were over and helped hang these for me.  Tim and Robert hung the pictures and Cammie and I critiqued their work.  Who new it took four adults to hang three pictures!  :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They really look great,Susie! Great job. The kids will have fun looking at them too and seeing how they change and yet some features stay the same as they grow. You have always been very creative. Way to go! Love, Mora/Mom/Nana

Amy said...

I've seen those done a few places online. Yours turned out great! But, what? Tim wouldn't sit for one??

Anonymous said...

I love silhouettes! They capture the immediate look of the child. They are adorable and look great on the wall. I'm so happy you framed them!. Can hardly wait to see you!!!! Love, A. Dianne

David and Kristi said...

Such a great idea! They look great. I may have to copy you in the future for some wall art in our home.

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

This post made me smile. Thanks for inspiring me and many others. Really appreciate that you linked up at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.