Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Where in the world were Toby and Asher on Papa's birthday?


AT THE ARBORETUM!

They had a great time tearing around the beautiful grounds and enjoying the wildlife: ducks, geese, turtles, fish, a heron (which we got to watch catch a fish!), lizards, squirrels,

AND peacocks...

(see video)



Right before I took the video this peacock has his tail feathers fully fanned out, but by the time I filmed him they were down...so some of the effect was lost...but we believe he was wishing you a Happy Birthday nonetheless Papa!


Here is what the peacock looked like in full splendor. (My dad took the picture.)

Lots of love from your California family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susanna, Even though this video is for my brother, I love looking at the videos and pictures you girls do!!!! Thanks! Love ya, A. Dianne

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
Thank you for the birthday message! It looks like you were having a great time at the Arboretum. That is a really fun place. And, I think that Mr. Peacock was being kind and just didn't want Papa to feel outdone. My feathers aren't nearly as colorful as his!
Love and hugs to each of you,
Dad/Craig/Papa